Dream Fall.

Thursday, March 26, 2015

I have been off chasing a dream.

Well, one of them anyway. And I am still not there yet. It is amazing how much energy and effort and dedication it takes to materialize anything. Makes me wonder that perhaps it's really because we don't want to put enough effort into our dreams that they never materialize. We imagine that there is always another day to work on it, that perhaps tomorrow, perhaps next month, I will put my act together and actually get to do what I really love. But we never really get to it.

Over time it becomes such an unattainable idea. We have dreamed it so many times that it no longer has any room in the real world because it would just never materialize as perfectly as it has in our minds. We will stumble and fall, and we will fail. We do.

I almost let a dream fall. I was ready to take an eraser to my soul, wipe the dream that I had carried for so long in my heart. The dream had lain dormant for so long that I felt like I no longer walked towards it. So, I was going to let it go. Then I realized that I had confused the stillness of everyday life with not wanting it anymore.

Now, I am trying to not let the real life get in the way of my dreaming.

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. I am trying to do the same :) Let's not let our dreams be defeated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So? Do I expect that book to hit the stands this year? Eraser to your soul. . imagine? Only you can come up with this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I don't know if you are complimenting me or mocking me :-P

      Delete
    2. The answer my friend, is in the dream I would not allow you to fail :)

      Delete
  3. Once you succeed, let me know how you did it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is tough to keep your dream strong but we always have to find a way to make it exciting and attainable... I am working on another dream/goal and I am getting excited again... I wish you much success xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear and same to you :-)

      Delete
  5. Why do we call it a dream while we are fully awake with all senses alert and we know what we want?Unrealized objectives are the outcome of inadequate effort or impossible goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because even though we are awake, we are making something up that may never materialize. Just like dreams dont.

      Delete
  6. I always have this notion that dreams will remain a dream forever unless you do something about it. although it can't always be that fast but at least we tried =) hope you can check my blog =) we can follow each other too if you like =)
    http://anotsosecretlife2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is life without chasing a dream?

    ReplyDelete
  8. But may be some dreams can never be materialized. May be they are not destined for you? I have seen people decay in hands of time, efforting endlessly to have their dream and they die in the process or get old. Having lost time, youth, everything and still empty handed. I fear this kind of reality the most.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Someone Sometimes with visits your blog regularly and recommended it in my experience to read as well. The way of writing is excellent and also the content is top-notch. Thanks for that insight you provide the readers! friv Games online 2020
    Jogos live
    friv game

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3:33 AM

    Its as if you had a great grasp on the subject matter, but you forgot to include your readers. Perhaps you should think about this from more than one angle. Abcya games || y8 games ||friv games

    ReplyDelete

Please reserve your comments to the subject of the content. The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this blog are not necessarily those of the authors. You can also send your comments/questions to writingsforlife@gmail.com

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe