The Sunroom

Saturday, September 02, 2017

It’s cloudy outside and the house is quiet today. I make myself mocha and sit in the sunroom but don't hear a single sound. No neighbors, no traffic, not even the wind. It rained all night and now its just still. Still and wet. There is no sun in the sunroom, but what it has is my favorite light. That perfect-for-photography diffused light marred by the green trees that surround the room. It reminds me of the time when Dylan and I sat at 12,000 foot peak of Mammoth Mountain, eating energy bars and grasping the magnificent view of the Sierra Nevada Range at our feet. There was such stillness in the air, except that my eyes could not adjust to the layer after layer of mountains.

I rarely got a chance to sit in the sunroom this year. We were rarely home. We have counted eleven road trips so far and that doesn’t even include the air travel. I love it. I love it because I always have something to look forward to – driving through the coastal mist of the Pacific in the spring, and wading through buckets of snow of the Midwest in early summer, and driving by the Great Lakes for hours in July, and getting lost in the windy roads of Appalachia in August – has been incredible, and we are still only halfway through the year. It’s been intense and sometimes it is nice to just be back home and be still, but I am glad I have allowed myself to take advantage of the opportunities that life offered.

I am glad I didn’t wait. We wait for so long to go somewhere, to witness the world and life, and go to see friends and family we love. But we never really do it. The days pass us by and we think more days will come and while they do, they too pass on. I want to experience as much life as I can as soon as I can, because there will still be more life to witness. This world and its people are so expansive and vast that we cannot possibly see and experience everything in one lifetime.  Perhaps it is arrogant of me to assume that it has all been put on earth for me, but while I am around, I’d be damned if I don’t travel from coast to coast just to gush over a tiny waterfall in the heart of the Cascades.  Because what’s the point. What’s the point if we don’t enjoy the house we live in, the neighborhood we call our own, and the people we have cherished. What’s the point when all the nieces and nephew grow up and we only see them once a year, when we have no idea what’s happened to the best friend we once loved so much.  What’s the point when the world’s most beautiful mountain ranges and the most awe-inspiring beaches are your neighborhood, and you never get to see them.

I am young, and I am full of zeal for this life, and this ever-changing world. I am not going to waste a minute of it not doing things I love, and not bearing witness to this world.


You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. True, I recently visited Himalayas and Karakoram ranges. Life is really worth travelling. These days I sit in the office, wondering how nice that decision was to go see that part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds amazing! You should write about that :-)

      Delete
  2. Attagirl!! I am absolutely lovin' this spirit and the zeal of yours, Raaji!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am truly happy that you are enjoying your life. Do visit this old blogger friend of urs. Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. yup, travel as much as you can. there's just so much to see and experience out there.

    My best wishes to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear. Hope you're well :-)

      Delete
  5. So true about waiting too long. I unfortunately have a lot of regrets in this regard, but I am trying to be more mindful about this in my current life. Can't change the past.

    You are a beautiful writer.😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My name is Monicca from California, I want to share with you how I got my boyfriend back with the help of a spell caster.My boyfriend left me for a girl,he did not want to see me,he hated me so much,i was so devastated and my life was in a mess, I loved him so much,i did not know what to do. One of my friend told me about a spell caster, that he will help me get him back, so I contacted him and he told me what to do, he assured me that my boyfriend will come back to me. After he worked on the spell, three days later, my boyfriend called me, he said he want me back in his life, I was so shocked and happy, I agreed and ever since then,we have been living happily,.Thanks to priest,my boyfriend is back with me. If you need your ex back or any type of spell, please contact him

      Email address: priestlovecure@gmail.com
      for details

      Delete
  6. I hope you have a nice long sleep... I really need some sleep too

    have a lovely upcoming weekend xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. My name is Monicca from California, I want to share with you how I got my boyfriend back with the help of a spell caster.My boyfriend left me for a girl,he did not want to see me,he hated me so much,i was so devastated and my life was in a mess, I loved him so much,i did not know what to do. One of my friend told me about a spell caster, that he will help me get him back, so I contacted him and he told me what to do, he assured me that my boyfriend will come back to me. After he worked on the spell, three days later, my boyfriend called me, he said he want me back in his life, I was so shocked and happy, I agreed and ever since then,we have been living happily,.Thanks to priest,my boyfriend is back with me. If you need your ex back or any type of spell, please contact him

    Email address: priestlovecure@gmail.com
    for details

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel so blessed again in my marriage after Robinson Buckler brought back my husband that separated with me for good 6 months. Even if have mouths all over my body, it won’t be enough to thank Robinson Buckler for his help upon my life. My husband separated with me for the 6 months and have been in pains and agony without him. So, i searched for help everywhere but nothing worked out not until i met Robinson Buckler who i contacted online. I explained my situation to him and he promised that my husband will get back to me within 24 to 48 hours as far that my heart still beats for him. I believed in him and he prepared a spell for me and my husband called me exactly when Robinson Buckler said. He pleaded and said he needs me back and now we are living happily again for the past 9 months. Everyone out there reading my article that needs help should contact him… Email. Robinson Buckler via Robinson.Buckler@yahoo.com for more information

    ReplyDelete
  9. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works
    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{universalblankcards11@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address::universalblankcards11@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Someone Sometimes with visits your blog regularly and recommended it in my experience to read as well. The way of writing is excellent and also the content is top-notch. Thanks for that insight you provide the readers! Jogos online
    friv free Games
    play Games friv 2020

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous1:06 PM

    Life has not been so easy for me, i almost gave up on getting cured of HSV2 because i have tried many treatment and still don't work for me, so i was going place to place just for me to search for herbs cure or any solution to my problem and i also have three kids to take care of, that same period my husband die in an accident on it way coming home so life was very tough for me, so when i was going through the herbs site to find a cure for my problem i saw a story about a lady testify about DR.Imoudu, so i said to my self let me give a try to see if my problem can be solved, because i have spend alot of money In the hospital and their was no cure for it, so i contacted DR.Imoudu that afternoon of it and he gave me instruction how i will go about it and he sent me a herbal medicine which I took according to the way he instructed me to do. After taking the medicine for two weeks i saw a changes on my body, then i called the Dr and told him about it and he said i should go for test. i can't believe when my result came out it was negative, i was very happy to share this great testimony to the world there is real cure for #herpes you can also contact DR.Imoudu Email: DR.IMOUDUHEALERTEMPLE@GMAIL. COM also WhatsApp him +2348109609753..
    He also have herbs medicine to cured the following diseases;
    Diabetes, Lupus, Gout, Hepatitis A,B, Infertility, HIV/AIDS, CANCER, WART,ALS CURE/DIABETES CURE/EPILEPSY/HPV CURE/LOOSE WEIGHT AND BODY/EX-BACK/stroke


    ReplyDelete

  12. I'm here to testify about Mr John Blank ATM Cards which can withdraw money from any ATM machines around the world.. firstly I thought it was scam until I saw so many testimony about how Mr John sent them the ATM blank card and how it was used to withdraw money in any ATM machine and become rich so I decided to risk the opportunity I contacted him also and I applied for the Blank Card to my greatest surprise I have used it to get 10,000 dollars. maximum withdrawal daily $1,000, Mr John is giving out the card just to help the poor. Hack and take money directly from any ATM Machine Vault,If your interested kindly contact him directly on his email (johnlopez1945@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete

Please reserve your comments to the subject of the content. The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this blog are not necessarily those of the authors. You can also send your comments/questions to writingsforlife@gmail.com

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe