Resolution.

Sunday, January 08, 2017

There's really only one resolution - to write more. It's been a long time and I never meant it to be. I had hoped to fill these pages with wander, because there is so much of it. I hope to do so very soon, but for now, dear friends, if you are still there, I want you to know that I have an incredible life and all these months that passed were filled with adventure and happiness more than anything else. 

I have stories to tell, and I will. I paved along lonesome roads and went to the ends of the earth. I watched the sun rise and the stars fill the sky. I climbed the mountains that spit fire and felt the snow on my eyelashes. I encountered the wolves and survived. I killed lots and lots of bees (even though I didn't want to - yes that's some story!). I felt a thousand eyes on me, and learned that it's really strange being in the spotlight. I gave into the melodies of summer evenings and found romance on Sunday morning. I held clouds in my arms and soaked in the autumn rain. I photographed lakes of  gold and made love in the woods. 

I've had some of the kindest moments and experiences this past winter and spring and they really impacted me in ways I didn't foresee. There is always room for change and growth. We forget that sometimes. I did change and grow. 

Thinking of all of you and how grateful I am that you are here. Happy New Year! 

And yes, the resolution. I am not much for them, but I'll keep this one.

You Might Also Like

42 comments

  1. I am doing the #365DaysOfWriting challenge on Medium - the goal is to write at least one post a day. So far, I am on Day 240 but I don't like what I write there...Somehow, It feels more like writing for writing's sake...I prefer the posts I write on my blogspace here at stardustsprinkles.blogspot.in

    I hope you do write more this year and I get to visit your space more often! Wish you a Happy 2017!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way. You just can't force writing on you. The moment it becomes a chore, its the same moment, the muse leaves. I hope you are able to write however, and whenever you want.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous11:54 PM

    Missed your posts, raajii.
    Looking forward to hear about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Looking forward to writing more.

      Delete
  3. I love your words, particularly these..... "There is always room for change and growth. We forget that sometimes. I did change and grow." - Beautiful!

    Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Ellen, and thank you :-)

      Delete
  4. Positive change and growth are great gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Missed you so so much .. its so nice to know about your adventures and happiness and its so good to have you back :)
    Can't wait to read all the stories ... welcome back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are few people I can count on for looking forward to this blog, and you are certainly one of them. Thank you so much for all your support through all these years. :-)

      Delete
  6. Missed you so very much but I'm glad you were busy making memories <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Yes. You have changed. You just embraced the whole wide world in a couple of lines. We now wait for those tales from your yesterdays to lend light to our tomorrows. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I was secretly waiting for you to comment :)

      Delete
  8. Its so amazing that so many ppl had been missing you silently and waiting for you to come back. Including me.

    So glad to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is an amazing feeling! Thank you :-)

      Delete
  9. Lets hear it now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for writing. Like really! We are delighted each time you post, no matter how long it becomes. This is a place one loves going back to. We will keep reading your words, whenever, however, whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy you have resolved to write more this year and I am eagerly looking forward to red them all.Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! Hope you have been well :-)

      Delete
  12. hello friend, good to see ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Someone Sometimes with visits your blog regularly and recommended it in my experience to read as well. The way of writing is excellent and also the content is top-notch. Thanks for that insight you provide the readers! friv Games online 2020
    Jogos live
    friv game

    ReplyDelete

Please reserve your comments to the subject of the content. The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this blog are not necessarily those of the authors. You can also send your comments/questions to writingsforlife@gmail.com

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe