Your Rose.

Thursday, March 06, 2014

More Photos: I Romanticize
"People, where you live," the Little Prince said, "Grow five thousand roses in one garden... yet they don't find what they're looking for..."

"They don't find it," I answered.

"And yet what they're looking for could be found in a single rose, or a little water..."

"Of course," I answered.

And the little prince added, "But eyes are blind. You have to look with the heart."

The Little Prince went back to the roses again.

"You're not at all like my rose. You're nothing at all yet," he told them. "No one has tamed you and you haven't tamed anyone. You're the way fox was. He was just a fox like a hundred thousand others. But I've made him my friend, and now he's the only fox in all the world."

And the roses were humbled.

"You're lovely but you are empty," he went on. "One couldn't die for you. Of course, an ordinary passerby would think my rose looked just like you. But my rose, all on her own, is more important than all of you together, since she's the one I've watered. Since she's the one I put under glass. Since she's the one I sheltered behind a screen. Since she's the one I listened to when she complained, or when she boasted, even sometimes when she said nothing at all. Since she's my rose."

It's the time you spent with your rose that makes your rose so important. You become responsible forever for what you've tamed. You're responsible for your rose.

~ The Little Prince -  Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. oh how appropriate...oh how 'hick' appropriate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always subscribed to this school of thought. Interesting read. A beautiful rose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice read, and I love that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a rose !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:45 AM

    Roses the beautiful flowers. I love this flower

    ReplyDelete

Please reserve your comments to the subject of the content. The views, opinions, and experiences expressed in this blog are not necessarily those of the authors. You can also send your comments/questions to writingsforlife@gmail.com

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe